Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things kids say....

There have been so many things that my kids have said lately that I don't want to forget. Some hilarious and some just sweet things that remind me of their innocense. Last night the kids and I were waiting in the car for Danny to come out of the store. This older lady walk by with a cart full of her belongings, blankets, clothes in garbage bags etc. She sat down under a street light on the bench near our car and looked so sad. Aydon asked me if I thought she had a home to go to. I said it didn't look like it. He didn't say anything else. So when I looked back at him he had tears streaming down his face. It killed me. He can be such a sensitive little guy. He thinks about things like that for days and then he will come to me with ideas as to how we can help that person. He wanted to pack a sack lunch and try to find her. I wish I had better answers for my children as to why people experiance the things they do. The only thing I can say is that we have so much to be thankful for!!!!!

Here are some random others.

Me: Lindsey put your arms back in your seat belt or the police will give me a ticket.
Lindsey: well Mom, if you see the police drive faster so they can't catch us.


Lauren: Mom, I saw this girl at school today and she was wearing a BRA.
Me: Well hunny girls start wearing training bra's about that age.
Lauren: What is she training?

On the way to school each morning I put the seat warmers on in the car and Aydon said to me, "Mom, the rest of my body is freezing but my butt feels like it is summertime."
That is great Aydon!

Lindsey: Mom can I have some sprite?
Me: No Lindsey, you don't need to have any soda.
Lindsey: Mom can I tell you a secret?
Me: Sure Lindz
Lindsey: I really like to Grandma Debbies diet coke and when I am a Mom I am going to drink it all the time.


I was in the shower and Lindsey came in and asked "Mom where did you get thoughs?' I am sure you can imagine what "thoughs" means. Me: well Lindsey you get them when your bigger. I looked over and she has her shirt pulled up and asked. "When am I gonna get mine?"

Aydon came home from school last week and told me there was a girl at school named alyssa that wants to be his girlfriend. I told him that he is too young for girlfriends and he could tell her his Mom said NO! The next day he came home and asked if he could work out with weights because he needed to work on building his muscles. WHAT. I am not ready for these things.

My kids make me laugh, make me cry and sometimes they make me crazy but they are my most valuable treasures and I love them so much.

9 comments:

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Ha ha ha!!! Thanks for the laughs! Your kids are so cute. One time I was in the shower and Addy came in and said "oh mom your chest looks good like that" Glad someone thinks so ;)

The Godoy's said...

oh my gosh..I can almost hear your little people saying those things..how fun steph..I sure miss you guys! love you lots and squeeze those little ones for us!

gramelinda said...

Can we tell you how lonesome we are...I need Aydon right now! And little Lauren and Lindsey....there is seriously a pain in my heart! We can't handle it!xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Erika said...

K, that is hilarious and cute. I need to remember what my kids say and jot them down...good idea I'll have to copy you. How are you? Miss ya, so sad I never got to see you! Are you settled in? call me!

Erika said...

PS do you have facebook? I'm so addicted!

Mimi said...

Thanks for posting this. I needed a good giggle!

The Busey Family said...

Hey! This is Stephanie, Wayne Oldroyd's daughter. Cute kids and cute blog. I love little kids. I think my favorite funny thing that your kids said is about the training bra. That is so cute. Hope all is well.

The Busey Family said...

If you want I can put you on my email list or you can check out my web page and order from there. It is www.scentsy.com/25231. Let me know...my phone number is also 435-979-5197. Thanks Steph

Laura said...

You're so cute! No, you didn't miss a post, I'm not prego... That maternity wear thing has been up there since I had Carter! Time to clean up the blog!