Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Better late than never! Happy Birthday Jake!

Jacob Brennon Torgersen

How I love this little boy! Jake turned 1 on March 22nd, ( I am just posting now) I can't believe he is so big! He is such a sweet baby. He has brought so much joy to our family. I thought I would list all of the things I love about Jake and the fun things he likes to do!

He is so curious about everything and loves to get into mischif. He climbs on everything, he will push the chair all around the kitchen so he can climb up and see what I am doing. He loves to help unload the dishwasher and break a dish or two. He thinks it is his job to pull everything out of the tupperware cubboard, he climbs all the way in to get every last lid. He loves to play outside and eat the sidewalk chalk that the kids leave out. (He thinks bark, dirt and rocks are pretty yummy too)! Pulling Lindsey's hair is also a favorite, pulling anyone's hair for that matter. He loves to wrestle! If anyone is on the ground they had better be prepared to roll around with Jake. He LOVES to play ball, kick it, throw it, swing at it and he waits for you to throw it back! I can't resist him, if I am busy doing something and he brings a ball and throws it to me, I have to stop and play. He is a patient little guy. He sits through baseball and dance and all of the other places we drag him, usually without a peep! I love his slobbery kisses and sweet hugs. I love his funny faces when something excites him. Mostly I love to snuggle him at night right before bed time. He likes to be cheek to cheek when I sing to him. I love my little Jakey and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is in charge and gave us the best suprise of our life!


Happy 1st birthday Jake! We stripped him down so he could dive into his cake!



He got right down to business.

It wasn't long before the others had to join in on the fun and cake started to fly!


Aydon is usually the one that starts it... but I will confess and say I smeared it on his face first. ( I couldn't resist)

Lauren had it in her hair which was fun to get out! That frosting was thick and a pain in the butt to clean up!


Danny gave Jake a bath in sink! While I gave the kitchen floor a scrub. We had a fun time and we hadn't even opened presents yet.

8 comments:

The Torgersen's said...

Cute birthday pics! Time has flown by so quickly for us both! Our boys aren't babies anymore, sad.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

What darling kids! I love that you have matching kids too. I could pick your kids out anywhere. We love them!

The Knight's said...

I am amazed at how quickly time has flown...Jake is adorable. I could just bite those cheeks! We love that little toad!

Raimi said...

He is so cute! The cake fight looks like a fabulous time! Happy Birthday Jake!

Laura said...

I CANNOT believe he's already 1! It seems like you just barely had him! Congratulations on making it a year with 4 kids! You're such an awesome mom!

Amy said...

He looks so cute! I cant believe he is one either! I love how you guys always end up with food fights. I need to come to your house and learn how to have more fun!

. said...

He is so sweet! The first Birthday is so much fun! Love the baseball cake. It looks like everyone got into it!!

The Godoy's said...

ok..I can't stand it..We really need to live closer..I hate not being around your little people. They are so cute and getting so big..I still say,,I have the cutest neices and nephews by far!! I love you and hope all is well..
Launi